Mopping is seriously very messy, boring and tiring household job, which is something you cannot avoid to keep your home neat and clean. Over the years, things have changed and moping is no longer a tough job. You no longer need to hurt your knees, hands and back to mop the floors. It is because modern cleaning mops have easy to adjust handle, bucket and even wringer to squeeze out extra water, without having to get your hands dirty and wet. Most of the branded floor cleaning magic mops are designed well to make mopping a simple, quick and stress-free experience.
But before buying the spin mop online, there are certain things to consider. We have got you covered with our buying guide and reviews of best floor cleaning mops we have handpicked after a lot of testing and research.
Types of Cleaning Mops
According to the design and nature of cleaning mops, there are flat, rag, string and steam mops. Here are the details
- Flat Mops – These mops are very common as they come with elongated, flat, and rectangular head so they can easily clean even small areas. They are further turned into dust mops (to gather dirt and dust from dry floors) and microfiber mops (that can easily absorb dirt and used on both wet and dry surfaces).
- String Mops – String mops are made of long looped, simple cotton strings to make up cleaning heads. They are widely used to clean large spills and can be washed with ease after every use. They are the most traditional mops and you can easily find them. There are different types of string mops – looped end mops (more absorbent and durable), cut end mops (less durable and cheap), and microfiber mops (highly absorbent, long-lasting, and hypoallergenic).
- Rag/Strip – The cleaning heads in these mops are made of long loops of cloth strips or rags which work well in steep corners and are highly absorbent. But these mops don’t last longer.
- Steam Mops – These mops generate steam by using electricity and are released from the mop head over the floor. No cleaning solution is needed for proper disinfecting and it is done through moist and direct heat.
Best Buy Spin Mops In India 2019
1. Spotzero by Milton Elite Spin Mop with Wheels
Milton Elite Spin Mop comes with capacity to retain 3 times more liquid in microfiber refill than common cotton and it also lasts longer. This product comes with 1 extra free refill. It has very durable handle and bigger wheels attached to the bucket for easy movement. It also comes with 1 year of original manufacturer’s warranty. It comes with 360 degree swivel movement for deep cleaning. There are two sections of spin mop for separate cleaning and wringing. It also has auto fold handle to move and hold the bucket and water outlet to clean up the dirty water. Spin the mop handle when it is unlocked.
- Absorbs 3 times more liquid than cotton
- Microfiber refill technology
- Lint free and non-abrasive
- 360 degree swivel movement
- 2 microfiber refills
- Bucket is equipped with wheels for easy movement
2. Gala Spin mop with easy wheels and bucket
Gala is one of the leading home cleaning tool manufacturers in India. It brings the flagship model of bucket mop. This quick spin mop is made in India and is designed by considering customer’s needs and convenience. It features super spin system so you can quickly dry the refill.
It comes with micro fiber refill which is super absorbent for better cleaning performance. It can easily reach deep areas like under furniture thanks to 360 degree movement. You don’t have to get your hands dirty as it can easily remove the dirty water. It also has quick lock mechanism which improves convenience and also helps in cleaning mop in itself so it can be locked well.
- 360 degree cleaning
- Well designed sprout shaped bucket to pour out the dirty water
- Carry your bucket along with easy wheels
- Stronger and longer handle
- Bigger bucket
- Cleans all types of floors – tiles, wooden, linoleum and slate
3. Scotch-Brite Jumper Spin Mop with Flat and Round Heads and Refill
Don’t want to drag the traditional mop back and ahead and tired of cleaning? These age-old mops take time and hard work to clean your house. Don’t worry; Scotch-Brite is here with Jumper Spin Mop to make this boring task of mopping a breeze.
This mop has a single bucket design to carry along the house as it is very light. It is the whole new technology to dry the mop with basic movement in this well designed bucket. You can easily dry and rinse the mop in seconds. Scotch Brite knows cleaning is very tedious job. This mop traps dirt with its microfiber technology so you can have spotless cleaning with no dirt.
- Single bucket for quick drying
- 360 Degree Swivel head-handle
- Light and compact bucket
- Easy to refill and saves time
4. Prestige Clean Home PSB 10 Magic Mop
With Prestige Clean Home Magic Mop, mopping has just become smoother in your house. It is durable, light, and easy to use as this mop is made of top grade plastic. It has solution dispenser and inbuilt rinser so you can use the right amount of solution and water. Get spotless floor in easy and quick way with this magic spin mop.
This 360 degree stainless spinner has been designed to clean microfiber heads with ease. At the bottom, there are small wheels to move the mop along with ease. At the bottom, it has convenient spout system to drain out the dirty water with ease. This magic mop is easy to use, light and durable.
- Twin bucket made of high grade plastic, easy to use and light.
- 2 microfiber heads
- 360 degree steel spinner
- Steel rod to move easily
- Wheels and pulling handles
5. Esquire Elegant Spin Mop with 1 Extra Refill
Esquire Elegant Spin Mop is a super absorbent mop for efficient and super fast wet and dry cleaning like never before. Clean all the hard to reach areas of your home, like under the furniture, refrigerator, and also the bathroom corners. You can easily handle the mop handle from 45 to 180 degrees for easy cleaning.
The mop heads are long lasting and durable in this mop. This spin mop comes with two mop heads which are made of top quality microfiber. So, you can easily maintain the clean them. When mopping and cleaning, you can keep your hands away from dirty water and prevent aches on your back.
- Telescopic handle from 45 to 180 degrees swivel
- Flexible mop heads
- Durable and long-lasting microfiber
- Sturdy and lightweight bucket
6. Gala Twin Bucket Spin Mop with 2 refills and 1 liquid dispenser
One of the leading manufacturers of home cleaning tools, Gala brings Twin Bucket Spin Mop which is compact enough to save space. It helps separate clean water and dirty water so you can have great cleaning experience. It has super absorbent micro fiber refill for best cleaning performance. It has 360 degree water outlet and rotating mop head to remove dirty water easily.
It saves space with smart design and comes with dispenser to make mopping an icing on a cake. Split the twin bucket mop and keep it once cleaning is done. It will take only small space just as regular bucket does.
- Twin bucket spin mop to separate dirty and clean water
- Smart design to save space
- 360 degrees cleaning
- Add liquid cleaner to the dispenser for effective/fragrant cleaning
7. Spotzero By Milton Ace Spin Mop
Milton’s Spotzero Ace Spin Mop is one of the bestselling mops in India. The best thing of this mop is durability and quality by Hamilton. It has microfiber refill to absorb up to 3 times more liquid than cotton and it is very durable. The handle of this mop is long-lasting and durable.
This spin mop comes with 1 years of original manufacturer warranty. It has long-lasting and sturdy handle. It is movable up to 360 degrees and can clean up hard to reach areas. For separate cleaning and wringing, there are two sections in the bucket. It has handle to lift up the bucket and water outlet to let the dirty water go.
- Performs efficient cleaning
- Easy and convenient grip
- 360-Degree Mop Handle
- Microfiber cleaning
- Twin bucket for drying and cleaning
- Easy to use and lightweight plastic material
8. HOLME’s Mop
HOLME’s Mop is the brand new and durable high efficiency 360 rotating, floor cleaning washable mop with easy to rotate plastic handle. This microfiber mop ensures no shock, no spills and no damage to floors and its mop head works well dry or wet. You don’t have to get your hands dirty and it doesn’t need power. The bucket is made of plastic so it is light and easy to move. The mop head is easy to wash with manual press system. Press the mop rod to rotate and clean the floor.
- Stainless steel pole and plastic bucket
- 360 degree rotation
- Eco-friendly basket
- Simple and handy design
9. Smile Mom Spin Mop and Bucket Set
This 360 Degree Stainless Steel spin mop from Smile Mom comes with bucket with 4 easy wheels for easy movement and there are two microfiber mops for floor cleaning so you can properly clean the floors with least effort. You don’t have to get your hands dirty with this mop. It features rotatable 360 degree microfiber mop head that can absorb and remove tough grime and dirt.
It doesn’t cause shock, spills or damage to the floors. This microfiber head works well when dry or wet. It has stainless steel pole which can easily be adjusted from 45 to 180 degrees. So, cleaning has become easier. You can easily reach under refrigerator or furniture. You don’t have to bend and suffer pain on your arms or back.
- Innovative 360-degree action with stainless steel mop
- Microfiber mop head to absorb/remove filth and tough dirt
- Machine-washable, reusable microfiber
- Can be used on any surface like laminate, hardwood, marble, ceramic tile, travertine, or others
- Easy to access hard to reach areas like under furniture, refrigerator etc.
10. Gala e-Quick Spin Mop with Easy Wheel and Bucket with 2 Refills
Gala is yet another brand on our list which makes really durable Mop and Bucket set. The best part about this set is that it comes with 2 mop sets and hence you would not have to rush to the market anytime soon to purchase the new mop head. The mop also comes with the wheels and the compact design of the mop also helps you in cleaning the corners which are otherwise inaccessible.
The sturdy design helps in winning the customers faith and you can really consider buying this one without any further doubts.
- The bucket unit comes with a set of wheels which makes it easy to side across the home.
- 2 microfiber 360-degree spinning mops
- Sturdy stainless steel design
11. Hugo Bucket Magic Spin Double Drive Hand Pressure Microfiber Mop
If you are obsessed with cleaning and if you are really looking for a mop where it is easy to replace the head then this set from Hugo is for you. The most convenient thing about this set is that it comes with a set of 4 refills which means that you would not have to buy the new refills every now and then. The plastic buckets are very sturdy and they do not bend or get damaged even when there is a lot of water in the bucket. The drain hose in the bucket also makes it easy to drain the water without having to lift the bucket.
- The bucket comes with wheels too add mobility
- 4 refills are included in the set
- Out hole to drain the dirty water
- Micro-fibre cleaners
Spin Mop Buying Guide – What To Look For It?
Here are some of the important considerations before buying the best cleaning mop for your home
Type and Size of Head – The larger the size of mop head, the higher the absorbency of the mop and cleaning can be better. But it is good to go for prolonged microfiber cleaning head which can be reused, re-washed and may not cause allergic reactions as it is a lot safer than others.
Heavy Duty or Lighter Cleaning – If you need to clean a very large area, you may want to go for a steam mop. Microfiber is ideal for daily use. But sponge mops may be the good choice for small spills every time.
Accessories – Most of the mops are now available in a set with extra refills, a handle to pull the bucket with built-in wheels, drainage outlet so you don’t have to get your hands dirty and so on. You need to choose the mop which works well according to your needs and has accessories and features so cleaning can be made easy.
Choosing the type of mop on the basis of flooring – All mops are not suited for all kinds of floors. To help you further, here are the types of floors and best suited mops for cleaning –
- Laminated/Wooden flooring – For wooden flooring, they should be cleaned with least amount of water. So, it is best to do dry vacuuming with damp microfiber mop.
- Porcelain/Ceramic flooring – Porcelain or ceramic tiles can be cleaned with ease using both microfiber mop and sponge mop.
- Stone flooring – Stone floors can be ideal for any type of mop, with neutral pH cleaning liquid or plain water.
- Concrete flooring – Accumulating the dust with broom after steam mopping with very little or no cleaning works well on concrete.
- Linoleum or vinyl flooring – Steam or microfiber moping with dry sponge mop is ideal to keep the floor from being sticky.
Benefits of a Spin Mop
Easy to clean – You can easily use the spin mop to clean the floors without dealing with the unclean stuff. You can wring the mop in bucket to collect all the dirty water and clean the floor at a distance. It is also cleaned up well to avoid all the dirt to affect the cleaning.
360o Swivel – Swivel movement is another great benefit of this mop. It provides 360o Swivel to clean rigorously and completely without having any mess or diet to be left. In addition, it also ensures that the mop is also cleaned up well. As a result, the mop can easily satisfy anyone with woes of germs.
Water Control – This spin mop enables users to control the water amount you want on the floor. The self-cleaning system of the mop can be controlled in a way that you can get damp mop, dry mop or wet in seconds. The bucket also has pour spout so you don’t have to lift the one to change levels of water.
Easy to replace heads – The spin mop also has easy to replace heads which you can replace or clean as and when needed. These heads can clip on easily on to the handle and can be removed for proper cleaning. It is not just easy to wash, but it can also survive all the dirty movements and cleaning well.
Easy to wash – Finally, the whole equipment is easy to wash. You can easily detach it and wash each part with ease. Hence, no dirt remains in the bucket, mop and the equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often should a mop head be replaced?
- Most of the people forget to change the mop head until it is totally unusable but the fact is that you must replace the mop head after every 2 or 3 months. The golden rule here states that you can change the mop head once it starts to appear dirty because the floor will only remain clean if the mop head is clean. Moreover, do not wait for the mop head to be totally worn out before you replace it. By default, keep some extra refills at home and replace the head as soon as you notice the dirt.
2. Can you put a mop head in the washing machine?
- The answer to this question is that it depends. If you have a mop head which has a very small attachment hook then you can wash it in the washing machine but if you mop has a large plastic attachment hook then avoid washing it in the washing machine or else you will end up damaging the washing machine as well as the mop head. Also, while you are washing the mop head in the washing machine, ensure that you are using a gentle cycle and do not dry them in the machine. It is advisable to wash and rinse the mop in the washing machine and then leave it out to dry.
3. How do I stop my mop from smelling?
- There are a couple of ways to stop the mop from smelling but the first thing that you need to understand is that the mop smells mostly because of the bacterial accumulation. In such a case, to clean the mop, you can soak it in cleaning liquid along with antiseptic liquid after every 4 uses. Leave it soaked for 10 minutes then dry it. If this doesn’t seem to be working for you then soak the mop head in a bucket of bleach and water. Leave it there for 10 to 15 minutes and dry it off in direct sunlight.
Mopping is really very tiring and cumbersome. It is not easy to spare so much effort and time in our busy schedules. So, using the best spin mop with bucket can make this process a lot easier. You no longer have to wring out the dirty water with hands and bend your back.
There are different options out there. So, we have sorted out some of the best mops for efficiency. We hope this guide would be of great help for you to pick the best mop.
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Spin Mops In India 2019
- 1. Spotzero by Milton Elite Spin Mop with Wheels
- 2. Gala Spin mop with easy wheels and bucket
- 3. Scotch-Brite Jumper Spin Mop with Flat and Round Heads and Refill
- 4. Prestige Clean Home PSB 10 Magic Mop
- 5. Esquire Elegant Spin Mop with 1 Extra Refill
- 6. Gala Twin Bucket Spin Mop with 2 refills and 1 liquid dispenser
- 7. Spotzero By Milton Ace Spin Mop
- 8. HOLME’s Mop
- 9. Smile Mom Spin Mop and Bucket Set
- 10. Gala e-Quick Spin Mop with Easy Wheel and Bucket with 2 Refills
- 11. Hugo Bucket Magic Spin Double Drive Hand Pressure Microfiber Mop
- Spin Mop Buying Guide – What To Look For It?
- Benefits of a Spin Mop
- Frequently Asked Questions